Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A.W. Tozer's Prayer

A.W. Tozer prayed this prayer before his ordination: I have taken liberty to update the prose. I keep this prayer taped on my wall before me as a reminder of how much I need His Gospel.

It goes like this:
Though I am chosen of You and honoured by a high and
holy calling
let me never forget that I am but a man of dust and ashes,
a man with all the natural faults and passions that plague
the race of men
I pray to You, therefore, my Lord and Redeemer, save me
from
myself and from all the injuries I may do myself while
trying to be a blessing to others.
Fill me with Your power by the Holy Spirit,
and I will go in your strength and tell of your
righteousness, Yours only.
I will spread abroad the message of redeeming love
while
my powers endure.
enough said,
Your undershepherd,
Mark

No comments: